Thursday, November 10, 2011

So It's Been A While...

Well hiiiii... 
can you tell our life has just been a little chaotic? 
Seriously, There is no break in nursing school. ever! 
But don't get me wrong.. I am loving it this semester. I have not felt as stressy this semester as I have last year. I would have mental breakdowns on a weekly basis and would think about dropping out constantly last semester. 
This semester has been great.. definitely still hard...
but I feel more at peace and calm about everything. 
Don't ask Shannon if that's true though,
he may have a difference of opinion... 
But the best experience I have had this semester was this last clinical weekend at Maricopa Medical Center... 
I was almost kind of scared to go to that hospital just because it's the county hospital, so you don't have to have insurance... Most people just speak spanish... It's not as high quality as other hospitals... 
BUT... it's probably been my favorite clinical experience since being in the nursing program.

We are studying OB and maternity, so we got to go to the labor and delivery, pediatrics, and post partum floors. I was able to watch a delivery for my very first time ever! I know this does not seem that cool, and most people have seen deliveries before from their family members, but I am the baby of my family, I have no nieces or nephews, and none of my good friends have had kids yet, sooooo therefore... no delivery watching. But can I just say, it was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had. That mother was a freakin trooper. She did not get an epidural and this was her 4th child. I was able to be up there right in the action.. I know that sounds so gross... but as a nurse or in the medical field, you would be jealous. The good news is that it didn't scare me away from having a baby! so happy day. and on top of that.... I am really really interested in becoming an L&D nurse... I don't feel very adequate yet with being any kind of nurse, but in the future, I would like to work with the mothers and newborn babies. 

And now that I've had a little time to think...
I've been thinking about Thanksgiving and everything I am thankful for... 
I just believe there are so many things in life that are so simple,
yet so great. 
just to name a few...
- I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be in school and to be able to be in a program and progressing towards what I've always been passionate about. 
- I'm so grateful for our car... My first car was absolutely awful, and I spent more on fixing it than how much I paid for it... (and can I also say one of the best things in life is a full tank of gas.. I seriously get so happy when I see the little gas meter at the very top!)
- I'm so grateful for our washer and dryer... I haven't had one in my own house up at college ever, and our bishop at church is the owner of the trailer and apartments we rent from, so Shan asked him this last week if we can put a washer and dryer in our trailer, and he said yes! usually they don't let washer and dryers in the trailers, so this was a huge blessing. It's been so nice being able to just throw clothes in the washer whenever and not have a build up of clothes!
- I'm so grateful for my in-laws, especially Shan's parents. They have been so so great to me and brought me in as their own. It's been so nice to be part of a family with a mother and father who are strong in the gospel and are good supporters for their children. I miss my mom so much and I'm so grateful for the strength she was to me, for how much she worked her booty off to make us kids have a good life, and for how much she showed her love to each one of us kids, but I know she is so proud and happy that I have found Shannon and am part of this family also. 
-and I am so grateful for Shannon. He always tells me how it is. and I like that. I've never met someone more stubborn than I am, but it's probably good for me so I can stop being a brat and humble myself. He listens to me when I vent (even though I don't think he's listening or paying attention, but when I call him out on it, he will repeat everything I've said) and I'm grateful for how much he pushes me to become a better person. 


I know this post was so random... and probably meaningless to everyone but myself...
but if none of this above post was interesting... then this video will hook you! 
Shannon and I have been working on a little something special for christmas... and this (click here) is what we've got so far.
tell me what you think! 











ya.... only in my fantasy life I can dance like that... you don't wanna see my reality hip hop skills... 
But Shannon and I had a kick out of playing with that website... 
I love the simple things in life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment