Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thankful.

I just want to say how much I love being a member of 
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

How blessed am I that both my mom and dad's
lineage goes so far back into the gospel?
I love the peace that it brings to my life. 
I love the scriptures. I'm not saying I don't struggle reading them, 
because that has always been one of my biggest flaws, but when I read,
 I feel so much love and have such a surety of this gospel.  
Sometimes, I like to go to the temple and just park my car and read.
That is where I finished the Book of Mormon for the first time.
It was such an amazing feeling. I felt my Heavenly Father's love.
I felt my mom's comfort and love. 

I miss her so incredibly much. 
I wish she was here to see the accomplishments I'm making. 
I know she is always watching over me
and seeing my accomplishments in spirit, 
but you just don't understand until it happens to you.
You just want them here in person. 
I miss how excited she would be after I gave
a talk in church or got an A on a test. 
She always had a way to make each of her kids feel so special. 
You could honestly never figure out which one
of her kids was her favorite,
 because she treated all of us so special
and understood all of us so well. 
(Secretly, I know I was her favorite, but she would never admit it.)
But I'm graduating in May if all goes according to plan
and I pass my classes; 
and I just wish she could be there to be
proud of me and give me hugs and kisses.
I've tried so hard to do everything I can in line
with what Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ
and my mama would have wanted. 
I definitely make mistakes and I'm not perfect, 
but I know that never giving up on my ambitions and goals
 in life is what she would have wanted from me. 

That is why I am so grateful to be a part of this church. 
Giving me strength when I am weak. 
Shannon and I have felt so welcome in this ward, Thatcher 3rd Ward.
I have not felt this welcome in a ward since high school. 
We spoke in church a few weeks ago, and although I had a nervous
 breakdown the week prior to giving my talk,
 it was such a blessing, and I learned so much from that talk. 
We also got a calling to be Sunday School teachers
for the 13/14 year olds. 
I've never been a teacher nor have I had to teach a lesson
for 45 minutes so I was a little worried. 
But today was our first day teaching, and I actually really enjoyed it. 
It is so true when they say that you really do learn so 
much more when you teach then if you are taught. 
I love who I visit teach, and I can't wait to go visit my girls this week. 
I love my visiting teachers. This is the first time in my life that my 
visiting teachers have actually come and visited me, and they are great! 

I'm grateful for life, the good and the bad. 
I know I would not be where I am if
God didn't put certain steps in my way. 
I am just grateful. 

I love this song. I use to put it on repeat and go to sleep 
with it on around the time my mom died and a long time after that. 
I haven't listened to it a lot lately,
 but it's always brought me so much peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment