Monday, May 28, 2012

Procrastination!

so I'm like about 6 months behind on blogging?! 
 ehhh, I'll take it. 
I do have the whole "I was in nursing school" excuse.. 
but hopefully I can remember all the fun things that have happened in the past 6 months... and by all the fun things, I clearly mean like the 3 things that have happened that were fun 
since I literally did nothing but studied my booty off to graduate. 
so for the next few days it will be me blogging the past like 5 or 6 months ago.  
*PICTURE OVERLOAD*

December 17, 2011
so our one year was on December 18, but that was a Sunday, so we decided to celebrate on December 17. I didn't think we really had anything planned because my life has been too chaotic for the past two years. I figured we would just go out to dinner and I dunno.. see a movie or something? But Shan had planned a little somethin somethin, which was super cute... totally surprised me, because for those of you that don't know Shan... he is NOT the romantic type... haha not to put him down or anything, he just doesn't do "the mushy gushy, super creative, I'm gonna have a hot air balloon waiting for us" type of thing. buuuutttt when he does have his little romantic, creative splurges, they mean soooo much more to me just because I'm not ever expecting it. Anyway, I was sewing and getting stuff done for Christmas and he comes in and says... 
S:"hurry and get ready we gotta go soon." 
K: "where are we going? we haven't even decided where we wanna go to eat."
S: "Don't worry about it, just go get ready." - then he smiles a super innocent, adorable smile.

so I go get ready. come out, and he has a beautiful bouquet of roses for me. 

I always get supppper giddy when I get flowers, I don't know why... I just love getting them. 
but anyway, so Shannon ends up taking me to Sakana Sushi Grill in Scottsdale. I was seriously one happy girl. I LOVE SUSHI. I can't even describe how much I love sushi. I could eat it everyday if it wasn't so dang expensive. 

After dinner, Shan had made reservations to go on this little train ride at McCormick's train park. I guess every year at Christmas time, they set up a ton of lights and you get to go on a little train ride around to see it all. It was sooo stinkin cute and fun, and Shannon and I had a blast. We also saw the Borgia's there who are like our favorite people EVER, so that was super fun. 



When we saw Colten and Morgan! 

So we didn't know what this even was because the Lorax movie hadn't come out yet, but now we feel super cool getting a picture with "the orange creature"
Waiting in line...

Waiting in line...
Getting ready to ride the train! 


After the train ride, Shan took us to the temple to see the lights and also because that's where he proposed. 


 Then, after the temple, we headed home... I actually had planned a little special treat for Shan... 
He had been saying for the past few months how much he wanted to go camping and how he wished we had all the camping gear so that we could just go whenever we wanted... so I had his family set up a tent in their backyard and start a fire so that we could make smores. Shannon got a good laugh out of it when we walked into the backyard, I am so clever. :) Although, we need to go real camping, it was fun to do it in the backyard for a night!



The next morning I woke up to ANOTHER bouquet of flowers... ya... my husband seriously knows how to make me happy. 

and I made him pancakes. 


don't you love how the words get skinnier... I'm pro. 

and then Shan's mom saved the top of our cake and we ate it! 
Honestly, it was not bad at all. She wrapped it up super good, so it had no freezer burn taste or anything. She is amazing! 


Our one year anniversary was perfect, we had such a great time... 
but it's so crazy that we are almost half way to two years! 
INSANE, BUT I LOVE IT. 

2 comments:

  1. you guys are so dang cute! i want to hang out with you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh i loved this so much! your cake top is really pretty. and you are gorgeous. And i also wished you guys lived here so we could party all the time!! hope you're doing great !! xoxo

    ReplyDelete